Hello again, savvy savers! Today finds us with a new product review, and this time the IceOsphere – Premium Ice Spheres Mold for Whiskey – Large and Stylish 6 X 4.5 Cm Ice Ball Maker.
So, why this ice maker? Spherical ice cubes are more than just cool-looking cocktail accompaniments. They chill your drink evenly and melt slowly so your drink doesn’t get diluted.
Here are a few product specifications:
- LARGE 6 X 4.5 CM BALL CAPACITY MOLD that creates slow melting ice for your fine scotch, whisky, tequila and even vodka. The ice spheres can also be used for original alcoholic cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and even ice popsicles with your favorite cream, smoothie, and chocolate
- IMPROVED DESIGN for perfect spheres, featuring channels to ensure tight closure of the mold
- SAFE for dishwasher, microwave, oven, freezer and refrigerator
- FLEXIBLE, DURABLE, ECO-FRIENDLY, TASTELESS, NON-TOXIC, CHILD SAFE, EASY TO CLEAN, 100% FOOD GRADE SILICONE, BPA Free
- RISK FREE 90 DAYS 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
- Each order receives a FREE eBOOK – RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL will be offered when ordering!
In terms of ice, spheres (also referred to as balls or orbs) are an effective shape. When used in a cocktail, ice absorbs heat from the liquid in the cocktail and the air on the surface of the liquid as the ice floats. Absorbing heat, of course, causes the ice to melt. The more surface area the ice has, the more heat it can absorb. Spheres are very efficient in this way. They have the lowest surface area per volume of any 3-dimensional object. So, the bottom line is that ice spheres melt more slowly than cubes or crescents and thus can keep your drink cold longer while not diluting it as much along the way.
I’ve had a few different spherical molds, but this one has exceeded expectations from packaging to product output. The packaging is a clever mix of tips and instructions, of which I was left with no question as to what was in the box. The instructions were impeccably clear as to how to get the best results from the mold and even in the midst of a party we managed to get perfect spheres out of this, which says a lot for ease of use.
This mold will be my go-to product for this coming season!
To find out more about this product, click here!