Hello again, savvy savers! Today finds us with a new product review, and this time the Sumo Solid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop Review. It’s hard to imagine a food more closely linked to the ideal of summer and childhood glee than ice cream. But the plethora of bent dessert spoons that litter many a kitchen are enough to let you know that it might be worth buying a proper ice cream scoop to get the stuff out of its container in the first place. We found the most qualified candidates, then took them to real ice cream parlors and had them test them head to head.
The verdict was unanimous: Sumo scoop will give you gorgeous scoops out of even the densest of desserts.
What makes a good scooper? The basic ice cream scoop is a piece of homeware that can suffer from the affliction of being over-designed. There are mechanical scoops, scoops coated with teflon, ones that are electrically heated, ones that remove a perfect cylinder core of ice cream, and scoops made out of every possible combination of materials and shapes on the planet. But it turns out the most straightforward models seem to be doing everything right.
- SLIDES THROUGH SOLID ICE CREAM. Cuts through iceberg hard ice cream with ease. No delay – enjoy your ice cream straight from the freezer.
- UBER COMFORTABLE: Tough non-slip grip gives you SUMO confidence.
- INDESTRUCTIBLE: The SUMO scoop will never snap, break, rust, chip or pit like other. No more broken spoons. Save cash and never buy another scoop again.
- 100% DISHWASHER SAFE: Your scoop is made from stainless steel. Wash it endlessly in a machine with peace of mind.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Pass on your scoop to the next generation and we’ll replace it if there’s ever a problem.
The basics of what you should look for in an ice cream scoop are pretty simple. You want a sharp edge for cutting through the ice cream, a nice round head for scooping it out well (and that the ice cream slides easily out of), a comfortable handle, and ease in cleaning. (After scooping out ice cream for a birthday party, you’ll want to be able to get out all the melted stickiness as easily as possible.)
This is an all-around great scoop!