The MeasuPro Digital Programmable Cooking Thermometer came in a plastic, sealed packaging. Here is a quick product description of the MeasuPro Digital Programmable Cooking Thermometer:
- Features – The MeasuPro DCT350 Digital Cooking Thermometer offers a list of meats programmed with the min. cooking temp according to the USDA recommendations.
- Functions – You can select between Celsius and Fahrenheit modes. Features a long 36 inch oven-safe probe. Readings are ultra-fast and accurate.
- Setting – Temperatures are programmable according to preference or select from the programmed meat options with pre-set temps. Also has 4 options of meat doneness.
- Includes – A list of foods with the USDA recommended min. temp. Has a magnetic back and LCD display. This electronic thermometer will beep when food hits the set temp.
- Power – Uses 1 AAA battery. The measuring range is from 32°F to a very high heat of 392°F / 0°C to 200°C. Compact flip-top display. Great for commercial, professional use.
The MeasuPro Digital Programmable Cooking Thermometer is easy to use because there are already pre-set temperatures on several types of meat. There is also an option on how I wanted my meat done from Rare to Well Done. I just had to set it up to the meat I’m cooking and it’ll automatically display the recommended internal temperature of the meat I’m cooking.
The MeasuPro Digital Programmable Cooking Thermometer has a long metal probe so that I can use it on thinner sliced meats as well as whole chickens and hams. The metal probe is easy to clean and I did it by wiping it with a damp cloth when I was done using it. Let it cool down for a bit before wiping it clean or you might get burned. I also used an oven mitt to hold the probe when I got it out from the meat because it is hot.
There are 2 magnets at the bottom of the cooking thermometer. The cable is thin enough so that I can close the oven door properly so that the heat from the oven wouldn’t leak out.
This is the display of the MeasuPro Digital Programmable Cooking Thermometer. It has a large, easy to see display but no backlight. It also produces a high pitch beep when the internal temperature of the meat is about to be reached (10 Degrees Farenheit before the set temperature) and it produces a high pitch alarm when the internal temperature of the meat has been achieved. For the photo above, I tried to set it to medium done.
The set temperature changed when I changed the doneness setting of the meat to Well Done. In order to stop the high-pitched alarm, I have to press the Stop button. I like the high-pitched alarm because I can hear it properly wherever I am in our apartment.
The MeasuPro’s Cooking Thermometer accurately measures the internal temperature of the meat and not the temperature of the oven so I get juicy and delicious meat every time I use it. I like how easy it is to set up and how it made cooking easier because I am reminded that I’m cooking something in the oven.
The one thing I noticed is that because the cable wire isn’t to exceed the 392°F heat, I couldn’t use this to measure the temperature of the meat when I’m broiling them. We love broiling meats too, so I hope they can make something which can withstand a higher temperature oven.
You can purchase the MeasuPro Digital Programmable Cooking Thermometer HERE with free shipping if you are a Prime member.