Hello again, savvy savers! Today finds us with a new book review, and this time the The Duck Commander Faith and Family Bible.
To begin, I would first like to say how excited, and honored I am to have been able to review this Biblical edition. Its contents speaks to the hearts and minds of the Robertson family. Though ducks may be their business, but for Phil and Al Robertson, faith in Jesus Christ comes first, and there is nothing foul about that! The Roberson duo, the clans patriarch Phil Robertson, and son, Pastor Al Robertson, have collectively spent a lifetime exploring God’s unconditional love, and have complied life lessons, Biblical teachings, and easy-to-follow Biblical advice in this edition. As most fans of their acclaimed sitcom will tell you, the corner stone of their business, family, and individual lives is based purely and intentionally on the following five core values: faith, family, fellowship, forgiveness and freedom; these five aspects play a pivotal role in the development and layout of this bible as well.
Features of this Bible:
- 125 articles by Phil and Al Robertson
- Personal welcome note from Phil and Al
- Topical index
- Reading plans
- Supplementary scripture references
- Lifetime guarantee from Thomas Nelson Publishing on the quality of this Bible
- Free online Study download from Thomas Nelson Publishing
This hard-cover edition Bible is illustrated in true Duck Commander style, as the jacket boasts the Duck Commander logo with a picturesque scene of a lake at the bottom, printed on a parchment-like paper theme. Inside the cover you will find a presentation page, Phil and Al’s welcome, contents, introduction of the editors, 52 days of what Phil and Al each have to say about their collective core values divided into the five categories:
- Lifechangers index, 30 days of Lifechangers articles by Phil and Al,
- An explanation of the translation of the NKJV and then the actual Bible Scripture.
- All throughout the Bible there are articles by the Roberson duo called “Set Your Sights” which are also based on their five core values, with the value of each article being in bold at the top.
- At the end of each article is a section called “On The Hunt” which is a list of more scripture that coincides with the article.
- In the back of the Bible is an index for the articles in “Set Your Sights” broken down in the topics such as anger, anxiety, belief, etc.; all centered on the everyday emotions and events we each face.
- To finish it off there are articles or charts on, the ABC’s of Salvation, 30 days with Jesus, Ministry of Jesus, Parables of Jesus, and miracles of the Apostles.
This beautifully illustrated Bible, filled with articles by the Robertson duo, Phil and Al, are based on true experiences involving their family and their core values. Upon reading through this Bible, I am left with an indelible feeling of contentment and understand of the willingness of stewardship and fellowship this family holds so dear. I would recommend this if you are looking for a Bible that will not just show scripture, but to help illustrate life’s growing changes, in hops of growing your own spiritual development.
To find out more about this Bible, click here!
In compliance with FTC regulation, I hereby disclaim that I received a free copy of the book from Book Look Bloggers, in exchange for my review. I was not compensated for this review. All opinions of this book, its author, and publisher, are that of my own.